Roof of Hafez's Tomb

Roof of Hafez's Tomb

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pashto Dictionary پښتو


This is the cover to a new tri-lingual (English-Pashto-Dari) dictionary I purchased online. I have other Pashto dictionaries but most of them are outdated, difficult to read, or only function as Pashto to English. For my Pashto language classes, I would usually use http://www.qamosona.com/ when I needed English to Pashto translation. But S. Yarzi's book has turned out to be an amazing source! It's easy to use, has good typeset and contemporary vocab. Now that I'm learning Persian I'm always thinking about its Pashto equivalent--and this book has been really helpful. Recommended for anyone learning Afghan languages or anyone interested in Eastern vs. Western Iranian linguistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment