Roof of Hafez's Tomb

Roof of Hafez's Tomb

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Persian Immersion Begins!

Tomorrow morning my Persian-Immersion-Summer begins!  Every year Indiana University Bloomington hosts a popular summer workshop in Central Asian and Slavic languages.  As a PhD student in Iranian Studies (with Pashto and Urdu sub-fields), this will be my fourth language intensive and I'll be immersed in Persian language and culture for the next 8 weeks-- acquiring a full year's worth of language study.  I decided to share my experience via blogspot to document my experience as a novice student of the language and to express my enthusiasm for Persian art and cuisine.  I have ambitious plans to read several Persian classics this summer and to cook as many dishes from Nesta Ramazani's book: Persian Cooking.
Let's get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment